Emma's Proud Moment

This weekend we packed up all 5 kids & my parents and headed to Knott's Berry Farm. In doing so, Brian fulfilled his promise to the girls that after football season he would take them to Knott's & Emma accomplished her own blog-worthy Proud Moment.

My kids have never been to a theme park and
our backyard trampoline is a wild as things get around our neck of the woods.
Emma was so excited and ready for the rides, Addie was cautious but putting on the brave face, and Titus had no idea what he was doing with all 9 of us.

We park our mini van and unload the gear & kids for the day. The roar of the roller coasters echoed in our ears and the shear power of them shook our feet. I looked at Addie-pensive. I looked at Emma-she was 12 steps ahead of us ready to ride!!

We started slow in Snoopy Land....
a mini-Supreme Scream


Airplanes....

Ferris Wheel...
Then,
we headed for the big-kid rides and Brian went for the jugular, deciding Montezuma's Revenge would be the best place to start.
Pro: the ride is short (only about 10 seconds).
Con: the ride starts by shooting you from 0-65 in about 2 seconds & from there you hit a loop (no over the shoulder seat belt) then you go up a slight incline and it shoots you back through the same loop, but backwards.


Here is the first picture I snapped.
a closer look...

Here is the second.
a closer look...
Well, someone is having fun. Thanks for waving Daddy.

We are all waiting for them at the exit, like our own mini-cheering section, and Emma looks like she stepped out of a tornado. Addie was clapping and loving her up, "That was so amazing Emma! You were so high up there!" I said, "Emma, I am so proud of you!!" (Emma's consumed by a frown)...so I continue, "You just went on mommy's favorite ride & your only 7!!" She replies, "THAT is my LEAST FAVORITE RIDE!!!" Papa chimes in, "Well, what was your favorite part, Emma?" And without missing beat she retorts, "Getting off!"

Emma's Proud Moment #1= Montezuma's Revenge.

The rest of the day she liked rides that stayed on the ground. She did do the pirate ship...


but with similar results. Maybe should have given her more time to regroup from Montezuma's Revenge. She did love the Rapids, the Log Ride, the tea cups, and the train ride though.

My Proud Moment:
having a daughter who braved Montezuma's Revenge, a mom & dad who screamed together on Ghost Rider, a son who come to find out loves Koi ponds, twins who fed three times at a theme park, another daughter who is one wild bumper car driver, and lastly, having a husband who keeps his promises & took all of us to Knott's for the day.

No scroll back up & check out the fear on that poor girl's face. Way to go Em! Let's have your next proud moment be, helping me make it to Addie's dance class with everyone in their seats and safely buckled. Sound like a deal?

Comments

SPKarenO said…
Oh poor Emma! And to make it worse, Jon and I are laughing hysterically. I'm so sorry she was terrified, but those pictures were hilarious!.
Amy said…
Sounds like Cadyn's first trip on Space Mountain. He wanted to go because he thought we were going to space. We tried to warn him that is was dark and fast. He looked like Emma in the pictures they take on the ride. Fun Times!
Anonymous said…
Aunt Carolyn & Uncle Jerry,
So FUNNY I can't stop laughing. I thought you taking 5 kids to Walmart was funny,this trip is way to funny. Boy Brian you get STARS for making a promise like that and keeping it. Even Jerry LOVES fancyfootballs.
Anonymous said…
What a landing team you all make! The park could shut down for that big a party. What a blast. Let Emma know that my first rollercoaster ride was a little rough too; I was 17 and wet myself.

Matt
Anonymous said…
Boy, Emma, what a great expressive look on your face!! You gooooo GIRL!! Next time (if there is one) it will be more fun. I might prefer the Titus fish feeding exercise. Keep them blogs coming!
Okay, I'm SO glad you all got to go to a theme park. Looks like you all had so much fun :) Next time? Disneyland...??? I LOVE the pics of Em and Brian on Montezuma's!!!