Oh, to be a kid again

Today, in the mail, I received a long awaited daily devotional called Streams in the Desert by LB Cowman. I have been anxiously awaiting the UPS truck for well over a week now, and today it arrived.
I told Addie I would need a bookmark to help hold my place. Thinking quickly she handed me this...
...so proud of her assistance she replied with delight,
"Ohhh Mom, this is the perfect bookmark, sooo fabulish & colorful.
And you'll always be able to see your book!"
She's right, I do like it, in all it's grandeur & expansiveness. Because if I were reading the encyclopedia, this bookmark's spectacular-ness would not be fully appreciated. Thanks to the small size of my devotional, everyone (even my neighbors across the street) can take in the beautiful sight of my butterfly bookmark. :) Thanks Adds-I love the way you think, girl!


~Blog post Intermission~

Do I have something on my face?
Today, we had ice cream cones on the driveway with our neighbor Marvin. He is 86 years old & has only 3 things in his freezer: 2 separate gallons of ice cream & one package of chocolate Pinwheels. I think he is teaching my children the secret to long life (just not to clean faces).


And lastly,

Today was the first day Titus walked more than he crawled. It is always a sad day for me for some reason. It is one of the first of many new chapters of raising kids to send them out. They need me just a little bit less in finding their feet & are discovering their independence a little more. Titus may God go with you always ... and mommy will be there too, for now :) I am truly amazed at how little feet can make such big imprints on my heart...a gift from God to get to love a little person so much.

Happy Wednesday!

Comments