God & Bicycles

So last week at dinner, we were going through our Day-by-Day Bible with the girls.
At the end of every Bible story there is a discussion question.
The question of the day was, "What do you think of God in your heart?"
Immediately Emma had a response, "I think about God all day. I just can't stop thinking about what He's going to do in my life."
Addie then came up with a heartfelt answer of her own, "I think about how God is going to make my bike faster, so I can beat Emma." Thatta girl, Bring it On sister...
God knows your heart and every competitive fiber of it.
*****
On that note, this is my brother, Uncle Matt & the chartreuse girly bike he rode for the family bike ride we went on while he was visiting us last week. If you like this picture you would really like the one of him jumping the bike (complete w/ wire basket) off the curb or the one of him popping a sweet wheelie. I think one day a long time ago, I couldn't wait for God to make my bike jump further than his. I may have never jumped further, but I sure looked better on my girly bike than he does on this one.
Wanna race, Matt?

Comments

Steph said…
Awww. Don't make fun of Uncle Matt. Is the basket where he carried his purse?
Cousin Steph
Uncle Matt said…
Hey, no purse needed everyone. I was catapulted back 20 years, catching air, styling for the spectators...so what if the bike had a basket; that's where I put my victory trophies!!!
Lindsay said…
Nice work...well done on the post Matt! Remember when cousin Billy let us pick out a trophy from his gigantic BMX trophy selection? I loved that! I still remember what mine looked like. Mad bike ridin' skills run in the family...always have, always will (your air off my neighbor's curb is living proof)!