Happy Mothers Day

Hi Mom! Happy Mothers Day! I thought the sight of your grandson wearing this shirt would make you smile much more than the sight of me trying to cram into it! But, if they had this little red number in my size, trust me, I'd be all over it.
Taking compliments makes my mom feel a wee bit uncomfortable, so, I can only imagine what she is going to feel when I unload a motherload of thanks and love her way...
My mom has the best sense of humor. She loves gag gifts, the kind of card at Hallmark that will make you laugh out loud (if you don't take yourself too seriously). She loves America's Funniest Home Video, Candid Camera, and any show that catches people off guard, or records them slipping & falling when they least expect it. Even when my brother and I were little, and we were grating on her last nerve, my brother was able to make her laugh right in the middle of her "loud talking."
My mom is good at everything, but always plays it off like she isn't. She is the family champion in just about everything you can be a family champion in-bowling, putt-putt golf, Asteroids, tennis, Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune, Scattergories & Boggle. She's always so surprised when she wins..the rest of us aren't :)
I love that she can do crossword puzzles with a pen, finds joy in dark chocolate, will go down waterslides with my two girls, and will even ride a bike with a huge basket with silk flowers glued on it-b/c my kids made it for her.
My mom always told me to keep my chin up. She listens to me & prays for me (even over the phone). She joins my dad in prayer over my family and over my brother. I love that she is so tender that she will cry when I cry. She wouldn't say she is brave, but I think she is. She is a loyal friend & as sweetly and powerfully sensitive as God makes them (I think sensitivity is a gift from God).
You mom, are the best and I love you-more.


Happy Mothers Day to you!

POST EDIT: My mom also proved to be the best hula-hooper last summer...neck moves included! Although mom, Emma has been practicing and is hot on your tail to take over the family champion hula-hooper title. Be ready in Utah. Bring it on!

Comments

Jack and Doreen said…
I'm the blessed one...
Love, mom
ps: bring on the hoop....