Emma the Hula Hooper

There is something about when Emma hula-hoops...it's free, fun, wild, and 100% out of control. At first glance, she reminds me of Elaine on Seinfeld and her embarrassing dance moves. Somehow that hula hoop stays up, almost like it doesn't know where else to go. It seems a little dangerous-for her, the hula hoop, and innocent bystanders in the vicinity. I can't beat her. I'd like to say it's because when we're in a hula hoop competition I can't stop laughing, but I know the truth...I can't shake wildly enough to get that little plastic hoop to stick to me, and well, my sweet 6 year old can. I think true hula hooping takes no inhibitions-you just have to go for it, get all your parts flailing in different directions, but rhythmically enough to keep the hoop going...this is where I can't seem to throw caution to the wind.
Addie helped me pick the following two videos, we couldn't narrow it down one favorite. So, enjoy! And mom, just think of this as a little sneak peek of your competition and take notes, because this summer...the showdown is on!





Too bad they don't give awards out for hula hooping.

Comments

SPKarenO said…
She's got talent, and I can say this as I'm a master hula hooper. The trick I find, is a good hula hoop. One that's a little heavy, with a weighted ball, the cheap light weight ones are just awful!
Jack and Doreen said…
H-E-L-P !!!!!
One video would have been plenty, thank you....
I am in trouble...
Love,
Hoopster Gaga
Lindsay said…
Nice advice Karen aka "master hooper." I had no idea there was such a thing as a good and a bad hula hoop. I will keep this in mind next time I go to purchase my hoop. No one will be allowed to use my hoop-just me. Right now all we have is the cheap light ones and they are a doozie to get going. Let's have a hoop off some time-I see a future GUM game!