Spelling Bee

I love how my first grader spells. At first, to the trained eye the words seem like a bizarre language from a far off pretend land. What I love is that there is nothing tricky to a 1st graders spelling-just read it exactly like it sounds.
Today the girls opened up the Souffle Spectacular Cafe in our garage. I, of course, was their first patron. Sooo many plastic pretend foods to choose from! I was in fine dining heaven, soaking up precious time with the best Sous chef and Assistant chef in all the land. Upon my taking a seat in the cafe, I was kindly handed a menu. What delightful and polite service. Their mommy must have taught them well :)
Here it is:

#17 is a perfect example and one of my favorite menu items-S-E-L-O-R-E, aka "celery." Or take #19 O-V-O-C-A-T-O-W. Can you guess it? Avocado! I love that the only food she spelled perfectly was "hot dogs."
I'm sure its not because she's had a lot of them, but because of its
phonetic ease :)



Just in case you would like to place your own order at the Souffle Spectacular:
#22 botr=butter
#23 wofalls=waffles
#24 sheis=cheese
#25 moshrs=mushrooms
#26 presilss=pretzels
#27 bif=beef

Bon appetit!

Comments

gaga said…
Eye luv youre menyou...but whair our the karits and gellie beens?
luv, gaga
Amy said…
Too funny gaga! I assume "gaga" is grandma and grandpa. Etter?

So true. I have a first grader too. It is how it sounds!
I love it!