An Ode to My Man


This past weekend marked our final game of this year's football season. I took a few pictures to capture the night. The game started in the late afternoon and ended with a magnificent sunset. The team went 2-8 this season. We have learned that not all seasons are winning seasons, but all seasons are hard fought, full of God's lessons and His presence, and they are stepping stones towards becoming the worshipers &
disciples God yearns for us to be.
I am proud of my man...so, proud of the work of his hands.

He never let up...not during a game, not in the classes he teaches, not as a dad and not as a husband. I watched him call in plays game after game with the same intensity regardless of the score. I watched him take opportunities to encourage & build into his young players when they were down. Because football season is also birthday season in our home, I watched him help a house full of 6 year-old little girls, dressed in pink from head to toe, play "Pin the Cupcake on Pinkalicious," & help a handful of fancy four year-olds play "Pass the Magic Wand." We never plan a party when daddy can't come. After one away game and a 10 hour bus ride, I heard him come in at 4:00 am, and then just 5 short hours later I soaked him in, as he made french toast with us in the kitchen & drove our family to church-because Sunday is the Lord's day and God uses that day to give us rest and recuperation as a family & not even football changes that. I have watched humility become one of my husband's most hard fought & yet powerful traits and I have been blessed by his faithfulness to never let up being my husband, a dad, a teacher, and a coach.
My man amazes me and makes me proud.

Comments