Goodnight Buzz

Tonight I was tucking kids into bed & it was 8:30pm. Football season is underway and so putting 5 kids to bed at the same time falls solely in my lap. I am only four days into swinging this thing solo and so I have not perfected bedtime yet. I can get 4 of them happy and moving in the right direction, babies fed, everyone bathed, pajamas, teeth brushing, potty trips/diaper changes, however, it is the 5th that always eludes me. That 5th is always someone different, but no matter what,there always seems to be an unhappy & screaming no. 5.
All I can think is "Calgon, take me away!"
I am still going strong with the bedtime book and a song goodnight. Trying my best to soak my little people in, past my shutdown/meltdown time of 8 o'clock. Tonight I happened to be singing to Addie. I was mid song, softly singing "...Jesus loves you this I know..." When from out of nowhere comes, "I am Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace." Titus was standing in the doorway, wearing his talking Buzz wings. Determined to get kids to bed, I continue without missing a beat "...for the Bible tells me soo..." Again, "To infinity and beyond!" Laughing now & Addie is snorting she's laughing so hard, "Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but..." "I protect the Galaxy from the Evil Emperor Zurg." I gave up. Just laughed, thanked God for my Big Son,
who is channeling Buzz Lightyear way past his bedtime.




Comments

TDM Wendy said…
That is awesome. Buzz is in the house!
gaga said…
Amen and good night, big buzz
Love, gaga and papa
Wait until I get Titus that drum set and fire siren hat for Christmas...
Aunt Denise said…
It looks like Titus is wearing some sort of apparatus that will let him fly... like water wings or something like that. He can be on my medley relay team at Christmas.

Love, aunt denise (the butterflyer)