Sunday Best

What (almost) two year old can sport a Seersucker sport jacket and slacks?


Titus Grant can wear it- like its nobody's business!! I lived in Texas for only two years, but in that short amount of time discovered what Seersucker was...and I am passing on that sweet southern knowledge to my little man.
Today, Titus is worshiping the Lord in style. Knock that nursery off its feet Big Son!



Today I was thinking about my brother who just moved to Saudi Arabia and is finding himself in a new home, culture, unfamiliar surroundings. God's word reminded me of several things...

"For I am persuaded that neither life nor death, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, not things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

And also in Isaiah, "I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands."

Psalms 139:7-10 "Where can I go from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hands shall lead me and Your right hand shall hold me."


I am proud of my brother, proud that he has stepped out in faith, proud that he is following where is prayers have lead him, and even more proud that he believes in a loving Heavenly Father who will always be with him. Sometimes I think God desires to take us places to show us, among many things, that He is able to carry us, when all our comforts are stripped away, He will remain, and His love has no limits. There is nowhere we can go and nothing that can keep our Father from enveloping us in His powerful & loving arms.
Blessed Sunday to you my dear brother Matt!

Post Edit: Once I arrived at church I found out Pastor Ed was preaching on Hebrews 11:6, which says, "Without faith it is impossible to please God." As a church we were looking at the verse in the context of how our heart and finances are connected, but I couldn't help but think about my brother and what I had written this morning. Keep the faith dear brother-you are never more pleasing to God than when you live out faith!

Comments

TDM Wendy said…
Cover of a magazine. LOVE IT! If only Brian could find one to match.
Lindsay said…
Sadly I tried to get him to match, only his slacks were in blue stripe...it was a "no go." A girl can dream, right?!?
Jack and Doreen said…
That is the cutest little man ever!!!!!! ...a bonus from Texas living!!!

Loved the Matt entry-so blessed we are
Love, gaga and papa