Houston, We have a problem...

Today Titus was adamant that I put his sister's Dora the Explorer backpack on him. He was being very particular: Big Boy underwear, no shirt, no shoes, and loaded up with the backpack (strapped on both shoulders). And once he was outfitted just so, he would hold on to both of the hanging remainder strap pieces and make this steady "boy" sound. I don't know how to describe it other than one of the many "boy" sounds little boys make instead of using words. I looked at him and thought, 'Oh, he's trying to be like a rocket ship. Like one of those men, at the halftime show of the Rose Bowl, with one of those packs on that shoots them into the sky.' And so I said, "You're like a rocket ship, blast off!" He just looked at me and said "Nooooo!" and kept walking. I thought, 'Okay, maybe not.' He continued around the house for quite a long time with the backpack and sound. Finally, I saw the light, and I realized what he was being-remember I am new to being a boy mom, so, these types of situations do not come naturally yet. A rocket launch pad was certainly not necessary for his imagination on this day, because my son was being a gardener...a leaf blowing gardener.


I am happy to report we have not a single leaf on the floor of our house. Big Son blew them all away with his Big Boy underwear and pink Dora backpack. Thatta boy!

Comments

Steph said…
Is he potty trained? If so, you are so lucky.
Lindsay said…
Oh dear no! I will occasionally put him in the undies b/c he likes to strut around in them-he feels really cool! Too bad he doesn't feel cool trying to pee in the potty :)
Steph said…
Ok. Sigh of relief. H likes to tell me that poo is yucky and where to go, but doesn't actually do anything with that info. Dreading teaching that task!
Shannon said…
So cute! I love their creativity.

Connor once took the basket off a toy shopping cart, turned it upside down, stepped "into" it, lifted it up and walked around being a "digger." (Hard to describe, but once I figured out what he was doing, I thought it was pretty darn brilliant! He had the handle part as the "digger" and would "scoop" with it! Ha!)
Wendy said…
congrats, Lindsay, just heard the news. Can't wait to hear how it all "went down"!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!! I have been praying for you and thinking about you alot!!!What a beautiful addition to your adorable family, sooo happy for all of you..I will call sometime soon.
Hugs, Stacey Calton and family