Snickers

Last week Emma lost her first front tooth (3rd tooth overall). That puppy was hanging on good. She could twist it so it was backwards and could wear it sideways. So gross. Last Monday, I picked her up from school. It was just the two of us. I had to go to the grocery store and so I told her if she got the tooth out by the time we stepped in the store, I would let her pick out a treat. Bribery is almost always gold in my house. I drove really slowly to help her out. We sat in the car for a bit and I rooted her on. Twisting, pulling & more twisting & pulling. I can't look. I'd peek every once in a while giving her tips, like, "turn it in the opposite direction or push it back & forward, pull down & twist at the same time."
Suddenly she rejoiced, "I GOT IT!!"
I rejoiced in the car right along with her! "You did it! You did it, all by yourself!"
Then she started to tear up. I said, "Are you okay, Em? Does it hurt?" She said, "Mom, I'm so glad you're here with me. You helped me. I'm crying tears of happiness."

Bestill me heart.
I love being a mom.


I didn't think she could get any cuter, but there is something about a toothless smile that just gets me. And that treat she picked out... a Snickers bar.
Congratulations Emma! I am proud of you & head over heels in love with you and your new smile!!

Comments

Jack and Doreen said…
CONGRATULATIONS, EMMA!!
....it looks very cute(could I see your tonsils if I looked through the space?)...and your choice of a Snickers was excellent....we are looking forward to seeing you up close and personal,
love, gaga and papa
Way to go Emma! The front teeth are the best to pull out because everyone can see the hole when they're gone.
Anonymous said…
You go girl, EMMA!! Girl Power in the mouth.

Now you can sloop your milkshake using a straw and not even opening your mouth!!

Love, Aunt Denise
Lindsay said…
Aunt Denise... I'm digging seeing you on the comment section! You deserve your own "You go girl!!" Emma has been perfecting the straw through the front tooth technique...she loves it! The tooth next door is about to come out and then she will be able to put 2 straws in her mouth at the same time :) Whoa!! If that happens I will be sure to take a picture of my sweet front-toothless girl!