Merry Christmas...to infinity and beyond!

Five years ago my dad began a new tradition in our family. His request was for Brian and I to put on a themed dinner every year for his Christmas gift. So, themed dinners we have done. I don't know if what we have been doing, was exactly what he had in mind...however, we have been pirates, Captain Hook, queens, kings, dukes, and dutchesses, Mary, Joseph, angels and the wise men, worn elaborate hats and bow ties. This year, at Brian's request, we became Superheroes!! This is no small production or request. When we send out the themed invitations we mean business-Go big or go home for these festive dinners. This year, as years in the past, was definitely one for the books.

When the doorbell rang Christmas Eve, this is who came through the door....Batman and his leading lady Batgirl (Addie was Wonderwoman).
What a dynamic duo! I never thought I would see my dad with a batman mask and fake poofy muscles or my mom donning pleather & boots...
but a moment I will forever be proud of them for!

Next through the door was...
The Queen of England (Joanie is truly from England, which had my girls believing she was the real deal for a moment) and Aunt Denise- aka Super Vet! This was their second year in attendance and their willingness to commit to the theme was much, much improved! We loved it!

Next through the door was...Jar Jar Binx and The Incredible Hulk! My brother claims this was the cheapest hero costume he could find at $13.99, but we all think, being the die hard Star Wars fan that he is, he just couldn't pass up getting to be Jar Jar for a night. The kids thought he was a dinosaur! Brian used 3 tubes of green body paint, a children's medium t-shirt from Wal-mart, and a tight pair of jeans (hand frayed), to get his classic "You won't like me when I'm angry look."

Here is a picture of our family...
The Incredible Hulk, Batgirl holding Superman, Supergirl, and Wonderwoman!
And here is the entire crew. Marvin, in the middle, is our neighbor and we just called him SuperMarvin!
We claim Jesus to be the one and only true Superhero-whose strength is matchless and outta sight and whose power trumps all others. So, from deep down in our heart we pray you know our Savior Jesus too...
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Comments

Shannon said…
Oh my word - that is tooo much fun! Ha. Looks like a Halloween party ... at CHRISTMAS! I LOVE IT!! What fun memories you all are making, esp. for your kids. (Cracks me up to think they'll grow up thinking everyone wears costumes to Christmas dinner - haha.)

Have a great new year!
gaga said…
My outfit is available for rental at a nominal fee, if anyone is interested....the tights are very slick and the glasses make a sharp fashion statement...
Gaga